Sash Window Draught-Proofing in Bristol, Bath, Wells, Street and Somerset.
We provide sash window draught-proofing to properties in Bristol, Bath, Wells, Street and Somerset..
Having your current sash windows professionally draught-proofed is a cost effective and environmentally friendly way of saving energy in your home, which in turn can reduce your heating bills. We use high quality materials and techniques to service your sash windows and all of the work we undertake has been designed to be as subtle but effective as possible so to retain the charm of your original sash windows. We are confident that you will be delighted with the impressive results that a draught-proof can achieve for your original sash windows.
Some of the benefits provided to your sash windows are:
- No more rattles
- No more draughts
- Reduced heat loss
- Reduction of dirt and dust
- Improved security
- Smooth, effortless operation
- Reduced levels of external noise
- Retention of your original sash windows
Whilst the renovation and draught-proof of your sash windows is being undertaken we can also address any issues with cracked/broken glass. The sashes can be re-glazed by us whilst the windows are out of situ and also counter balanced should the new glass be heavier meaning the sashes still remain perfectly balanced and working effortlessly.
? Did you know that draught-proofing is the main choice of work for people who have a listed building as the renovation and draught-proofing of your sash windows does not change their appearance which means the original character of the property is retained ?
The step by step process below highlights some of the main work we undertake on an overhaul and draught-proof of your existing box sash window in Bristol, Bath, Wells and Street.
- Remove existing sash window staff and parting beads and top and lower sashes including their weights
- Scrape/sand down pulley stiles to remove any excess build-up of paint/dirt
- Inspect the pulley stiles for any signs of damage or rot and repair where necessary with new timber parts and/or a high quality durable epoxy resin. Please note that major rot repairs will be subject to an additional charge for work and materials (you will be shown and explained the options before any extra work is undertaken)
- Top sashes are inspected for repairs, cleaned and machined out for draught-proofing
- Top sash is re-hung with new polyester core sash chord for durability and strength
- New timber parting beads are installed that are pre-machined to allow for weather pile
- Bottom sashes are inspected for repairs, cleaned and machined out for draught-proofing
- Bottom sash is planed back in where necessary to allow meeting rails to align once more
- New staff beads are installed that are pre-machined to allow for weather pile
- All bare timber is primed with an acrylic primer
- External parting beads are glossed to provide immediate weather protection
- New brass/chrome furniture and security vent locks are installed as standard.
We also provide a similar draught-proofing service to your casements and doors. Please contact us for more information.
Sash windows beyond repair?
In some cases, unfortunately, we are too late and the sash windows are beyond repair. No need to worry though as we offer a variety of replacement services. We can replace existing single glazed sash windows, we can upgrade your windows to double glazed sash windows in your existing box or in extreme cases we can provide a complete box sash window which meets current Part L requirements of building regulations.
Please see the replacement tab for options and a more in depth explanation of the options available to you.